Surface Medical Spas of Park City and Layton’s Clear2 Fotofacial skin treatments can be used for many cosmetic problems, and the treatment has few side effects. It can be used for acne clearance, sun damage, and skin tone. As a side effect, you can see a reduction of pore size and even minimal wrinkle reduction.<
Our photo-sensitizing solution is a naturally occurring substance in the body and is applied to the prepared skin. There are many protocols as to how long to “incubate” (leave the solution on the skin) running from 30 minutes to 90 minutes (we usually go for stronger). The advantage of a longer incubation leads to fewer treatments while the shorter incubation may need up to three fotofacial treatments in our Layton or Park City locations but each is somewhat more comfortable. The longer incubation also means a greater inflammatory reaction with increased swelling and redness. Through our experience at Surface Medical Spas, we have tried many different incubation times for fotofacial skin treatments and have found that incubation of 90 minutes works best.
When Surface Medical Spas of Park City and Layton’s Fotofacial skin treatment photo-sensitizing solution is applied to the skin and activated by the light, it is converted to Protoporphyrin IX within the skin cells and that is the active ingredient. Light activation is accomplished with an Intense pulse light (our Palomar IPL or SkinStation systems), a Blue Light or both. The conversion to Protoporphyrin IX attacks the bacteria in the follicles thereby reducing the cause of acne lesions.
In simple terms, the photo-sensitizing is applied to the skin, is given 90 minutes to be absorbed, and then the solution is activated with the intense light. For the next two days, you need to stay out of the sun and then the peeling begins. The final result is seen within 1-2 months.
Advantages Of Clear2 Fotofacials For Acne:
- With short incubation, it is painless-teenagers love that.
- It improves compliance-teenagers often don’t use their creams or take their pills.
- No oral medications such as antibiotic or isotretinoin are necessary (but may be recommended)
- It kills the acne bacteria as well as reducing sebaceous glands-the two things that cause acne.
- It restores the skin integrity to a large degree, resulting in sometimes amazing improvement of not only acne but also acne scarring.
- It can result in long-lasting remissions.
Advantages Of Clear2 Fotofacials For Photorejuvenation:
- Any body area can be treated (neck. chest, back, legs, abdomen, etc.)
- Oiliness in sebaceous skin is reduced.
- It can minimize pore size and improve texture irregularities. Many patients see a reduction in fine lines.
- Sun damage is greatly reduced.
- Deep, stubborn pigmentation is reduced.
- Skin Tone is more clear and even.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Clear2 Fotofacials?
Patient with moderate to severe rosacea, moderate to severe sun damage, excess pigmentation, textural irregularities and/or acne are good candidates for a Clear2 Fotofacial in our Layton and Park City Locations.
Who Is Not A Good Candidate For Clear2 FotoFacials?
If you are pregnant, have been on Accutane within 6 months, or have an active cold sore you should not have this procedure. If you are tan or have recently been exposed to the sun in the area you are having treated, you may be more susceptible to potential side effects such as blisters or crusts and/or hyper pigmentation.
How Much Improvement Can I Expect?
Patients with severe sun damaged skin manifested by actinic keratosis, texture, and tone changes including mottled pigmentation and skin laxity may see excellent results. You may also see improvement of large pores and pitted acne scars. Active acne can be dramatically reduced.
How Many Treatments Will It Take To See The “Best Results”?
Achieving maximum improvement is greatly dependent on the protocol you select. With a more aggressive protocol just one treatment is usually required. If you select a less aggressive protocol it may require two to four treatments. Treatments are usually spaced 6-8 weeks apart. More treatments can be done at periodic intervals in the future to maintain the rejuvenated appearance of the skin.
What Are The Advantages And Key Points Of Clear2 Fotofacials?
- Our photo-sensitizing solution is all natural and produced by your body to make hemoglobin.
- It is applied to your skin. There are no internal side effects.
- Uptake of our photo-sensitizing is by abnormal cells. The solution targets bacteria and sebaceous glands that produce acne.
- After your treatment, your damaged skin sheds leaving you with new, revitalized skin.
- Photo-sensitizing solution cosmetically benefits the whole facial area treated with improved clarity, tone and texture.
Multiple Treatments And Maintenance Treatments
Sometimes more than one visit to our spas in Park City and Layton for fotofacial skin treatments may be needed to achieve desired results. Rosacea is a chronic condition, and maintenance treatments may be necessary to remain in remission. Melasma or hormone induced hyperpigmentation occasionally requires more than one treatment. Many patients like the rejuvenated look they get and the continued improvement over a series of treatments.
Post Treatment Care
You should use the skin care regimen that your Medical Aesthetician has provided for you. If you live in the mountain west, it is important that you avoid sun exposure for the first 2 days following your treatment and then try to avoid prolonged sun exposure. DO NOT go in a tanning booth at any time either before, during or after these fotofacial skin treatments. Doing so will greatly increase your risks of a side effect.
Call us now to schedule your free consultation with our surgeon to determine if this is the right treatment for you! 801-776-2002
Disclaimer: Individual results will vary. Images do not constitute a promise or representation of any particular outcome or experience.
View our Procedures
Our cosmetic surgeons have paved the way for the use of the latest and most advanced cosmetic surgery procedures in Layton, Park City and the surrounding Salt Lake City areas.
- Scar Reduction and Revision
- Skin lesion and Mole Removal
- Smarter Liposuction™
- Stretchmark Reduction
- Surface Pointe Lifts for face and body
- Thermacell Skin Tightening
- Ultra Laser Lift
- Vampire Breast Lift
- Vampire Facial
- Vampire Facelift
- Vampire Hair Regrowth
- Spider Vein Treatment of the Face & Legs