At Surface Medical Spas we provide a full spectrum of anti-aging, both surgical and non-surgical. CoolTouch skin rejuvenation treatment is a cutting edge way to combat the signs of aging. This non-invasive procedure stimulates smoother, healthier, younger looking skin, by using an infrared laser together with a cooling process to rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. There are no harsh chemicals. No long recovery times, just younger looking skin.
What is CoolTouch laser skin rejuvenation?
Cooltouch combines a cooling cryogen spray and a YAG laser delivering optimal results with no downtime. The protective cooling spray is applied to the skin, allowing the CoolTouch laser light to pass harmlessly through the upper layers of your skin to stimulate the cells deep below the surface that produce collagen naturally. The collagen and elastin fibers continue to multiply after your treatment, and you will continue to see improved results up to six months.
What are the potential benefits of this treatment?
The most obvious benefit is a simple relatively painless treatment for younger looking skin. The CoolTouch laser treatment can be performed on any facial areas— forehead, eyelids , lips, cheeks, and chin—with minimal discomfort. A topical anesthetic cream is used prior for to your treatment to numb the skin, so injections are not needed.
Other benefits include: Immediate recovery usually with no post-op care, and gradual, perceptible improvement in the skin over 6 months. This treatment will also help improve the texture of your skin and reduces acne.
How long does a treatment take and how many treatments are necessary?
The CoolTouch treatment is normally an hour long (including numbing time) many patients come in for treatment during their lunch hour. And because there are usually no/very little side effects, you can reapply your make-up right away and carry on with your day.
Clinical studies suggest that between three and four treatments are needed to stimulate new growth. We also recommend touch up treatments to sustain the continued growth of new collagen. Research also indicates that better results are achieved when laser treatments are done in conjunction with a long term skincare regimen to extend the results of your treatments.
How is it different than other anti-aging treatments?
The CoolTouch laser treatment is unlike any other skin resurfacing treatment. Your skin is not subjected to harsh chemicals or the intense after-care of CO2 and Erbium lasers. CoolTouch laser protects the sensitive surface layers of your skin, allowing the laser light to penetrate to a deeper level and stimulate new collagen growth.
CoolTouch laser treatments may also be used in conjunction with Botox injections to help maximize a patients results and help with maintenance of their new youthful looking skin.
What are the possible side effects of this treatment?
Side effects are rare but the following potentially may occur:
- Discomfort. Very few people feel some discomfort during treatments. Patients typically report feeling a very short mild sting on the exposed area. Very few patients have discomfort that ranges from moderate to minimal, but it does not last long. Topical numbing is used prior to your treatment, making this treatment for the majority of patients virtually painless.
- Excessive redness and swelling. Immediately after the treatment, especially in these sensitive areas, tissue may slightly swell. This is a temporary condition and is not harmful. The swelling usually subsides over a couple of hours and may require application of cool moist cloth or wrapped ice pack. Some splotchy redness can occur as well, but quickly dissipates.
- Other: There is also the remote possibility of other side effects that include: decreased or increased pigmentation or color, as well as a very small chance of scarring that can occur.
Call us now to schedule your free CoolTouch consultation at 801-776-2002
View our Procedures
Our cosmetic surgeons have paved the way for the use of the latest and most advanced cosmetic surgery procedures in Layton and the surrounding Salt Lake City areas.
- Scar Reduction and Revision
- Skin lesion and Mole Removal
- Smarter Liposuction™
- Stretchmark Reduction
- Surface Pointe Lifts for face and body
- Thermacell Skin Tightening
- Ultra Laser Lift
- Vampire Breast Lift
- Vampire Facial
- Vampire Facelift
- Vampire Hair Regrowth
- Spider Vein Treatment of the Face & Legs