What is Cosmetic Micro Needling?
Our locations in Park City and Layton offer micro needling (dermapen-like cosmetic treatment), that promotes scar-less healing and natural collagen reproduction, by creating micro injuries in the skin stimulating the bodies natural healing process.
Micro needling and dermapen can tighten skin, lighten pigmentation, reduce scarring and smooth texture in a similar way to fractional laser treatments, IPL, laser resurfacing, and chemical peels, but without the side effects and downtime.
The mechanism of injury is a natural process, allowing the skin to heal itself safely and effectively with the micro needling and dermapen treatments Layton and Park City based Surface Medical Spas can provide.
See the Before and After Results below
How do Micro Needling and Dermapen-like treatments work?
Four major phases of physiological wound response help in stimulating new healthy tissue growth following your visit to our locations in Park City or Layton for dermapen-like treatment.
- First, an inflammatory response (1-3 days), to the initial injury promotes the chemotaxis response and proliferation of fibroblasts. The body’s platelets also respond to initiate a wound matrix. This response is the early phase of cell migration to remove debris and bacteria and stimulate the next proliferative phase.
- During the second phase (3-5 days), the new fibroblasts, monocytes, keratinocytes of the first phase continue to proliferate and multiply. New collagen will be laid down and deposited with new tissue formation.
- Next a fibrotic response (5-20 days), of growth factors are released and fibroblasts release collagen.
- Finally, the maturation stage of new healthy skin takes place from day 28 to two years after treatment. Collagens mature and stiffen and the matrix of new tissue shows 80% to full tensile strength.
What makes our Cosmetic Micro Needling treatments different?
Dermapen-like treatments are safer and more effective than traditional skin micro needling rollers due to its unique vertical micro needling technology. It has a superior effect on collagen and elastin rejuvenation. At Surface our using multi-speed and adjustable needle depths allow the micro needles to pierce the skin’s layers at 90 degrees and increases the effectiveness of treatments by treating deeper and more uniformly in the skin.
What will my Cosmetic Micro Needling treatment be like?
To begin your micro needling resurfacing and dermapen-like treatment in Layton or Park City, your skin is numbed on the surface using topical numbing cream. This ensures that your treatment is nearly painless. We then gently resurface the skin with micro needle injuries that then stimulate collagen and elastin formation. Micro needling treatments are generally less than an hour and generate less pain and downtime for the patient than traditional resurfacing dermapen treatments.
What areas can I be treated with our Dermapen-type treatment and Micro Needling?
Micro needling can effectively treat hard-to-reach places (e.g. around the eyes, nose, and lips). Micro needling from our Layton and Park City based locations can easily penetrate scar tissue, making it the ideal treatment to reduce the appearance of scarring. The appearance of stretch marks can be significantly reduced, skin on the back of your hands becomes less thin and pigmented and acne scarring on any body area can be greatly reduced.
Where are these treatments available?
These treatments are available at Surface Med Spas. We have 2 convenient locations for micro needling in Layton and Park City here in Utah. Call below for details.
Call and schedule a free Dermapen-type treatment and Microneedling consultation in Utah with Dr. Barson and get the body you have always wanted! 801.776.2002.
View our Procedures
Our cosmetic surgeons have paved the way for the use of the latest and most advanced cosmetic surgery procedures in Layton, Park City and the surrounding Salt Lake City areas.
- Scar Reduction and Revision
- Skin lesion and Mole Removal
- Smarter Liposuction™
- Stretchmark Reduction
- Surface Pointe Lifts for face and body
- Thermacell Skin Tightening
- Ultra Laser Lift
- Vampire Breast Lift
- Vampire Facial
- Vampire Facelift
- Vampire Hair Regrowth
- Spider Vein Treatment of the Face & Legs