At Surface Medical Spas we provide a full spectrum of anti-aging services, both surgical and non-surgical. Ultherapy provides a unique, non-surgical, no downtime solution to aging skin. Ultherapy is the only FDA-approved non-invasive procedure to lift skin on the Neck, Chin and Brow. It is the only FDA-approved non-surgical Neck lift.
- Not a toxin.
- Not a filler.
- It’s Ultrasound!
How does Ultherapy work?
Ultherapy heat shrinks skin, or more precisely, heat stimulates and tightens the collagen fibers in your skin. Collagen fibers make up 70% of you skin and give it strength. Time, motion, stress and thinning of the skin’s collagen result in weakened and stretched out fibers. This gives the look of age to the skin, especially the face.
Ultherapy provides controlled heating of the collagen fibers in the skin and the tissues just below the skin. Ultherapy penetrates deeper into the tissues than any other non-surgical tightening technology to date (4mm in depth)!
This heating has two effects; one, the collagen fibers undergo some immediate shrinkage and two, the heating creates a thermal wound that stimulates additional collagen fiber formation.
The result; tighter and firmer skin that can produce significant lifting of aging facial features as well as the neck.
Disclaimer: Individual results will vary. Images do not constitute a promise or representation of any particular outcome or experience.
How does Ultherapy use Ultrasound?
Ultherapy uses ultrasound in 2 ways:
- To see beneath the surface of the skin and giving the technician the ability to customize a treatment plan that is completely individualized
- To safely treat and pre-determine depths while bypassing the surface of the skin
Focused ultrasound energy is delivered non-invasively to heat deep tissue without affecting the surface of the skin.
At natural, regenerative response is initiated, stimulation the growth of new collagen, which lifts and tightens the skin over time. Results build gradually over 2-3 months and can continue to improve to 6 months after-procedure.
Who is an Ultherapy Candidate?
Factors affecting treatment response include:
- Skin Laxity – Amount of excess, loose skin on the face and neck
- Volume – Degree and distribution of fat
- Skin Quality – Extent of lines, wrinkles, crepiness and/or sun damage
- Age – 20-60’s
- Lifestyle/Health – nonsmoker/ smoker, nature of health issues (minor, chronic, none)