Acne is often associated with adolescence, and many people assume that this skin problem does not occur in adults. While in all actuality 50% of adult women and 40% of men suffer from acne. As such, adult acne solutions are of great importance to many effected by this skin condition, including people currently dealing with acne breakouts and those looking to reduce the appearance of scars from previous acne breakouts.
Who is a good candidate for an Acne Lift? Try the mirror test!
For patients with advanced scarring and skin laxity, sometimes an Acne Lift is an appropriate choice to minimize the appearance of past acne scars. Our surgeon recommends that you do a mirror test; stand in front of a mirror and use your hands to pull your skin toward the top of your ear, if you see a noticeable improvement by doing this simple test then an Acne Lift may be right for you!
How does the Acne Lift Procedure work?
The acne lift involves stretching the skin like in a mini facelift. This does two things: It lessens the depth of the scars by tightening the skin and it also tightens the loose skin that tends to bunch around the scarred areas. As an added benefit, the person will look younger and more refreshed.
What can I expect during my Acne Lift procedure?
The patient spends very little time recovering from the surgery instead of an extended absence of one to two months. About half of the patients could go anywhere the next day and not be noticed as just having a cosmetic procedure.
The patient gets the chance to quickly return to his or her busy lifestyle.
Patients are numbed locally during this procedure, eliminating the need for general anesthesia (which involves higher risk and higher cost). Patients are normally sleepy and relaxed during the procedure and can return home immediately after their surgery is completed. Our numbing technique also reduces the amount of bruising and swelling involved with this type of procedure.
A thin incision is made along the hairline and skin is removed to tighten and smooth the area, creating a natural yet noticeable lift. The scar itself is almost always completely unnoticeable within a short time.
What can I expect to achieve following my Acne Lift?
An Acne Lift improves the appearance of deep scarring by tightening and smoothing the skin. A depression in the skin is smoothed and softened. Not only are you able to achieve a lessening of the appearance of scarring, but also reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture/ tone.
Other Acne/ Acne Scarring Treatment Options Include:
- Younger patients with permanent scarring from acne will benefit from multiple treatments over a span of a few months with our Cooltouch laser. Using this method, the patient can achieve a tightening of the skin, a reduction in inflammation and bacteria and scar minimization.
- For patients with active acne we recommend our Clear2 Fotofacial. This treatment helps to shrink sebaceous glands, reduce pigmentation and inflammation. 1-3 of these treatments greatly reduces acne breakouts long term.
- Older patients seeking a reduction in acne scarring can receive more benefits from a full or mini-facelift along with laser therapy to reduce deep acne scars, tighten the skin and achieve a rejuvenated facial appearance.
- For patients who have deep, isolated scars, an acne scar excision procedure during the laser resurfacing process can provide exceptional results. This procedure will "close" the deep acne scar openings to restore a smooth surface layer to the patient's skin.
- Both temporary and permanent filler can be used to "clean up" the area after other treatments have been done.
View our Procedures
What Our Patients Are Saying
Many of our patients from Layton and Park City would never even consider having bag-type implants done due to the possible complications involved and the frequent unnatural look and feel of bag implants. With a Natural Breast Augmentation tm almost all of these complications can be avoided.